At Canine College, we know you have dozens of options to choose from when it comes to finding the right dog training company for you and your dog’s needs. However, many Boston dog trainers don’t offer as a wide a selection of courses as we have available here. The bottom line is: every dog and owner are different — there are different breeds, different ages, different temperaments of dogs and both owners and their pets learn at different rates. Due to these varying differences, our Boston dog training facility offers the following training options.
- Puppy Kindergarten
- Puppy kindergarten is a great option for puppies 9 to 16 weeks old. The 5 week course exposes your new puppy to basic commands while on leash. This class, held at our Holbrook facility, is great to just introduce your pup to simple rules and will also expose your dog to other dogs and humans.
- Elementary Dog Training
- Great for dogs of all ages, Canine College offers two levels: Elementary I and Elementary II training. The first covers the basic commands such as sit, stay and heel all done in a group setting. Elementary II builds upon the basic commands and goes through the course at a faster pace.
- Group Training
- Aside from puppy kindergarten and elementary dog training, additional group training classes include advanced elementary, beyond advanced and off leash, competition training, aggression and protection training, and tracking courses. Read more here for more information about these courses.
- Private Dog Training
- What really makes our Boston area dog training company unique is that almost all of our classes we offer allow dog owners to opt for private training. This means you can either have a private session at our Holbrook facility, or one of our trained and certified staff members will meet you at your home for in-home dog training. Private lessons include Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog Certification courses.
- Resident Training
- After years of being in the dog training business, we’ve discovered that homeowners often don’t have time to shuttle their dog to and from our Holbrook facility, nor do they have time for weekly in-home training classes. As a result, we’ve come up with a unique solution. Owners can now drop off their dog at our facility for 2 weeks and we will train your dog on site. After the session is over, owners can pick up their dog and take them home to test our their new skills and tricks!
- Canine Good Citizen
- This 10-step process is designed to make your dog a trusted canine in your community. Upon completion of this test, you and your dog will be given a certification to signify that your pup is in good standing with the community and is well behaved.
- Dock Diving
- New to Canine College as of summer 2016, dock diving is the latest competition craze for dog owners looking to do something fun and exciting. This on-site training session takes place at our custom-made dock jumping facility where both our trainers and you can train your dog to dock jump. Our dock diving program season is dependent on the weather, so be sure to contact us for further details.
Interested in one or more of these dog training opportunities for you and your dog? Contact Canine College today!