Pet boarding can be stressful for both homeowners and their pets — especially for first-time pet owners with puppies. At Canine College, our goal is to make sure that both you and your pup have a great experience here at our pet boarding facility in Holbrook. Although the general gist of pet boarding is the same across the industry, not all facilities are treated equal.
Choosing the Right Kennel
Choosing the right dog boarding facility is difficult. With over 9,000 kennels in the US alone, we’re here to help narrow down the search.
- The first thing we recommend is asking for friend, family member or co-worker recommendations. After over 20 years in the industry, we’ve realized there’s nothing quite as convincing as a referral.
- If your friends can’t give you suggestions, then it’s time to head online and do some research. Head to listing sites such as YellowPages, Better Business Bureau, or in Massachusetts you can even try your luck on Patch.com to find kennels.
- After choosing 3-5 different boarding facilities, be sure to get on the phone with them. During this time of year many kennels may be booked up so it’s important to call sooner rather than later. It’s also important to call so that you can tell the boarding staff whether or not your pet needs some extra care and attention (medical concerns, behavioral issues, etc.)
- Lastly, if it’s down to two different kennels, then the best thing to do is visit both! Our Canine College pet boarding facility is spacious and clean and each pet is guaranteed a soft bed and clean water at all times with regular feeding schedules.
- Don’t be afraid to ask what else your bed boarding facility can provide for your dog. Some places — such as at Canine College — will provide grooming services, dog training, and medication administration so that you can rest assured your dog will feeling healthy and happy upon your return.
If you’re looking for a professional pet boarding facility, contact Canine College today. We gladly accept both cats and dogs and would be happy to discuss any questions or concerns you might have. Our boarding facility is filling up quickly, however, so don’t wait too long to reserve a spot for your pet!