No matter what age your dog is, training classes can be highly beneficial to teach him basic commands, new skills, and perhaps socialization. There are two different types of training classes for dogs –private dog training classes and group dog training classes. Which training class do you think is best for your dog, the group training class, or the private classes? While both training classes have their benefits, it’s important to compare their features to find out which training is right for your dog.
The group dog training classes, as it sounds, involves training dogs in a group with several other dogs. It offers the following benefits:
- Strong Dynamism – Dogs in group training classes exhibit a strong dynamism that is exhilarating to watch. The variety of dogs makes it an exciting time for the dog personally.
- It offers dogs the benefit of benefiting from each other strengths. There’s healthy competition, enthusiasm, and encouragement flowing from the presence of their peers.
- Dogs are able to learn socialization skills and interaction with other dogs
- Dogs get graduation and a platform to show off their newly learned skills in the presence of their cheering peers.
- It’s extra competitive and brings the best out of dogs as they go through crucial phases of the training, such as obedience, agility, and tricks.
Private dog training classes involve training a dog one-on-one with a professional trainer, and no other dogs present. It has the following benefits:
- Dogs benefit from individual attention and can learn at their own pace.
- Welcoming environment – Dogs are familiar with their home spaces, feel more comfortable, and easily adjust to learning mood.
- Helps spot some specific issues – Private teaching helps the trainer spot some particular problems or areas the dog needs to develop in. They include aggression, separation, anxiety, or fear.
- It’s a great way to start training dogs before the introduction of the group classes.
Which is Right for Your Dog?
In training dogs, three factors are crucial: the owner, the dog, and the trainer. Whatever training scheme (private or group) you pick for your dog, these three factors have to align. In many cases, group training classes will be highly effective for your dog. It offers many benefits, allowing your dog to train in an enabling and competitive environment with peers that’s undoubtedly going to bring out their best. Group classes are also suitable for puppies, as it gives them the opportunity to learn in the presence of other dogs. They’ll develop the necessary skills to interact with their owners and other dogs.
Sign up for a Class at Canine College
At Canine College, we offer both private dog training classes and group dog training classes. Our trainers are comfortable and proficient in training dogs for both types of classes. You can learn more about the different training services we offer here. Interested in signing up? Get in touch with us today by filling out an online form or giving us a call at 781-767-3908.